Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Welcome to the Little Bittle Blog!

After spending my maternity leave browsing countless blogs (parenting, gear guides, celebrity...) I have finally succumbed to my private fantasies of creating my own special place on the web. However, I have yet to figure out exactly how this space will look, or what purpose it will serve, but I hope that you will be patient with me as we discover it together. Hopefully the little bittle will be a reflection of me...full of advice and commentary on being a mother in New England, finding the ultimate products and experiences for your children that stimulate them to no end, entertain you and don't break the bank. All this while maintaining your own unique style and flair. A tall order, but I'm ambitious!

As for the name, little bittle is a nickname for our daughter, hereafter referred to as "little" or "LB". Born a whopping 9lbs 3oz, and continuing to be quite tall for her age, we still (and always will) see her as our tiny little baby, delicate and petite, hence, she's our litttle bittle. She's 7 months old now, and a wonderful human being.

After spending a fabulous day out in the rain with her, and coming inside to watch her attempt to pull herself up on a canvas toy bucket (pottery barn kids' polka dot canvas storage bucket- love them!!!), I knew that today was the day to start journalling....alright, blogging our journey together and apart, as I prepare to go back to work in the fall. I hope you all enjoy!!!

No comments: